Lovin' lately!!

Pinterest(I'm addicted!)...My garden....Fires at the firepit...The kids getting to sleep in late(them, not me. I miss those days)....Watching Drew try to eat a Bomb Pop....Summer!! Summer!!! Summer!!!!








Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What I love about Iowa

Hmmmmmm....what do I love about Iowa???  The constant snow this winter that is driving me stir crazy?  No, that's definitely not it.  Being away from my family and missing them in Arizona?  No, that's not it either.  I L.O.V.E. the people, and I have the best story to back me up.
So, I'm needing to finish Shea's quilt.  I needed a walking foot to be able to quilt it.  So what do I do?  I go to my favorite quilting store to see if they can help me figure out what I need.  They needed more info about my sewing machine, so I called them back when I got home.  I spoke to the nicest lady named Pat.  She told me what she thought I needed and that they didn't have one in the store.  Pat told me she had one at home that she doesn't use anymore that she would lend me to see if it worked on my machine.  I kind of hated for her to do that for me, but you would have totally said yes too while talking to Pat.  She was so nice, it was like we were already friends. I said okay and thank you before I even realized that I didn't know her and she didn't know me.  Yet here she was letting me borrow her walking foot.  How freakin' nice is that!!!!!!  It totally saved me from having to order one online and hope it worked.
I called her back yesterday to let her know I had picked it up and it works wonderfully.  Since she no longer used it, I was going to see if she wanted to sell it to me.  It helps me and it helps her, right???  Before I could offer to buy it from her, she said, "Great.  I'm so glad it worked.  It's yours."  WHA?????  I told her no, no, no.  I would love to buy it from her if she didn't need it anymore, but she couldn't just give it to me.  She insisted, and so I now it's mine.  She did tell me that I needed to pass it on and do something nice for someone else.  Damn, I knew there'd be a catch!!  
Believe it or not, that's the short version of the story.  How super nice of her was that?!?!?!?!?!
So, I think this calls for a chalk plate to be made for Pat in appreciation of being so awesome.
Here's the kids in Drew's new Sesame Street jumping castle thingy he got for Christmas.  The kids just love it. Shea thinks it hysterical how staticky (it's the right spelling.  I looked it up) her hair gets.  Yes, Drew still uses his pacifier.  He's got them stashed all over the house.  That is going to be my big battle with him.  I'm mentally preparing myself for the battle of a lifetime with him over his pacifier.  It's not going to be pretty.  One of us might not make it out alive.  Shea was easy to break of hers, but Drew NEEDS it.
Hope everyone's having a great day.

2 comments:

  1. That's because most quilters are really good people! And you're one of us! What store is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such an awesome story. I love love love that good hearted folks are still around, and you took the time to pass on the story.

    p.s. Don't worry about the paci. Ava still takes a bottle for naps and for bed time and my pediatrician told me to worry about it if she is still doing it at 5. :) He must need it for security and eventually will drop it. I was obsessed with trying to get Ava off the bottle until I realized it is better than crack and they are only this little for such a short time. Let them have it! :)

    ReplyDelete