Lovin' lately!!

Pinterest(I'm addicted!)...My garden....Fires at the firepit...The kids getting to sleep in late(them, not me. I miss those days)....Watching Drew try to eat a Bomb Pop....Summer!! Summer!!! Summer!!!!








Monday, January 3, 2011

Arizona

Yes, I was lucky enough to get out of the icky Iowa weather for a few weeks.  We spent two weeks in Tucson visiting family and friends.  Have I mentioned a time or two that I would move back to Tucson in a heartbeat to be closer to my family????  Well, I totally would.  I don't miss Tucson so much, but I really need to be close to my family.  I do miss the mountains though; they're absolutely beautiful!!  We lucked out with awesome weather.  I'm talking sandals and short sleeves......Oh, yeah!!!!  Look who came to my parents house to visit on Christmas.

It took forever to talk Shea into getting this close to Santa.  She loves him to death, but she just doesn't want to get close to him.  I'm talking tears and hiding in the bedroom scared.  We couldn't get Drew near Santa no matter how hard we tried.  He wasn't having any of it.

We did get down to Tombstone, the crazy Iowa tourists that we are.  Yep, just like I remembered it, crappy gift shops and no charm left in the town.  Here's a bit of trivia for ya.........did you all know that Jake was in the movie Tombstone as an extra???  He was in film school at the UofA when the movie was being shot, and he got to be an extra.

On the way down, we stopped to visit Mater on Route 66.  We are now, officially, the coolest parents E.V.E.R.!!!!!!


Hope you all had the best Christmas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment