Lovin' lately!!

Pinterest(I'm addicted!)...My garden....Fires at the firepit...The kids getting to sleep in late(them, not me. I miss those days)....Watching Drew try to eat a Bomb Pop....Summer!! Summer!!! Summer!!!!








Saturday, January 9, 2010

I knit, therefore I am!!!!


I l.o.v.e to knit!!  I crocheted for way too many years because I was intimidated by knitting, but I wanted to knit sooo bad.  Well, enough of that, I told myself!!  I signed up for a knitting class and have been hooked ever since.
How cool to make something out of a skein of yard.  Above is my first felted bag.  I had never felted anything before, so I felt like a total knitting genius when this turned out so good. For once my husband was impressed with one of my projects too.  I made one similar for my mom for Christmas this year except hers is a blue-denim color.  I use it ALL the time,for everything....library books, yep...extra diapers and sippy cup, yep....knitting projects, yep!!!
I usually have 2-3 knitting projects going on at a time, but right now I only have one.  What's with that????
Oh, yeah, I just finished the top to Shea's quilt...big woo hoo!!!  Now comes the anxiety of finishing it.  I have to figure out how to bind it and quilt it...YIKES!!!  That also means that I have to make friends with my sewing machine...great!!



3 comments:

  1. Look at you! Impressive. Think I'm getting the itch to do some crafting now :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful.... WOO HOO!! I can email you the pattern for the cute lil bag I knit if you *need* another project :) you can felt it, too, if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bag is great! I love to knit as well--so much fun!

    ReplyDelete