Lovin' lately!!

Pinterest(I'm addicted!)...My garden....Fires at the firepit...The kids getting to sleep in late(them, not me. I miss those days)....Watching Drew try to eat a Bomb Pop....Summer!! Summer!!! Summer!!!!








Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Resolutions and Christmas project

Resolutions, goals, improvements, whatever you want to call them, I've never really done them.  You're just asking for failure.  This year is different.  I have three resolutions.

First, I am going to become more organized.  I used to be organized once upon a time...no longer.  I'm going to start with one area and keep it under control before moving on....starting with the kitchen.  I have a lot of counter space and it seems to attract e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g!!!!  Next is my office, which attracts everything else.

Second, stay in better contact with my friends.  With work, kids and life, I've let my friends fall by the wayside.  Well, no more!!  I'll call, email and snail mail more...I promise!!  My friend, Beth, and I have already talked a little bit about getting together more often.  It doesn't have to be a huge deal, just something.  She suggested meeting for a quick coffee at Starbucks to catch up...PERFECT!!! 

Third, I'm going to make more time for myself...I will!!  I will!!  I will!!  Work and family take up all my time.  I've lost what's interesting about me.  I need to make some time for myself so that I'm a better wife and mom.  I know!!  I know!!  You guys didn't think I could get better...hehehe.  I'll make time to exercise (which I badly need), craft, read, cook, whatever it is that I want to do.  I'll need to remind Jake that running errands without the kids does NOT count as me time, damnit!!!!

Every three-four months I'll look at my resolutions and see how I'm doing.


Here is one of my Christmas projects that I did.  I wish I could give a link to the blog I got it from, but I didn't bother keeping it since I didn't think I was going to be doing my own blog at the time.  If I run across the blog, I'll be sure to post it.  These are chalkboard plates.  I just l.o.v.e. them!!  I gave one to my mom, aunt, Shea's teacher and Shea's busdriver.  I still have the blue oval one.  It is beautiful.  It didn't seem to go with anyone I gave them to, so I still have it.  I plan on making a few more, definitely red.  It'll go with Valentine's, 4th of July and next Christmas.  I saw a super cool blog that had picture frame chalkboards that I already have on my huge list of projects to do.  I saw it on moodygirlprojects.blogspot.com.  Great, I can get you to the blog, but not to the actual post.  I'll definitely have to figure out how to do that.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE those! Did you end up using the chalkboard spray paint you showed me the day I was over? Let me know if there are any tricks to that--I may try and make one. I love the blue oval too--it's kind of not me, but I do love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these too, Stacey!!! If you did spray paint these, how did you get the edges so perfect, like on the blue plate? I want to make one!!!!

    ReplyDelete