Lovin' lately!!

Pinterest(I'm addicted!)...My garden....Fires at the firepit...The kids getting to sleep in late(them, not me. I miss those days)....Watching Drew try to eat a Bomb Pop....Summer!! Summer!!! Summer!!!!








Sunday, January 24, 2010

Valentine Fabric Wreath






So here's the deal.  What do you do with a five-year-old when there's an ice storm and school's cancelled????  I could have let her play the Wii all day, but I don't think so.  I could have let her watch movie after movie after movie.  Tempting, yes, but I don't think so.  Instead, I had her work on a fun Valentine craft.  I can't remember if I saw this idea on a blog or in a magazine. 
You get a foam heart, fun fabric, a sharpened pencil and glue.  This takes only about a gazillion 2"x2" squares of fabric.  I had to go back to the fabric store twice to get more fabric.  Put the pencil in the middle of the square, right side up, dip in glue then push into wreath.
You would think that this would only take a few hours, at the most, right?????  Wrong.  This little booger took forever.  Not counting needing to get more fabric, it still took a couple of days, which doesn't work too well with a five-year-old's attention span.  She had fun though.  You can't tell how cute it is from the pictures, but it really is.
I saw these HERE and thought they would be fun and fairly easy to make.


I think I would not have mine be so busy.  Kind of a little much, huh!!

2 comments:

  1. Look at you! You really are getting the hang of it. You got the hyperlink down--now see if you can reply to my comment!?!?! Love the wreath and I love the heart idea you posted also. Seems like that may be easier than the knock-off Pottery Barn mail bags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's see if this works, Beth!!

    ReplyDelete